What is a Dental Implant?
A Dental Implant is an artificial tooth root substitute, commonly a screw or cylinder shape, placed carefully at a precise location of an intended tooth replacement. Once fitted, it provides the foundation for the long-term support of replacement teeth, crowns, bridges or dentures. The result is often not only an enhanced smile, but also a more youthful appearance.
Implants are suitable for replacement of:-
- Lost single or multiple teeth through trauma or dental disease
- Deteriorated teeth through age or illness
- Loose removable full or partial dentures
What are the Benefits of a Dental Implant?
Firstly, there is a very high success rate with dental implants, which is currently around 90 to 95%, on average. These figures do vary according to which part of the mouth is being treated.
Other benefits include:
- Reduces the risk of bone loss
- Function as well as natural teeth
- Easy to clean – just like natural teeth
- Do not alter your natural tooth structure
- Fit in well with your natural teeth
Another advantage is that they do not move around or are as ill-fitting compared to dentures. Dentures are a popular replacement for natural teeth, but some people do find them awkward or difficult to get used to. In these cases, an implant can be a better option.
Pain-free, fear-free Implants for Nervous Patients
At the Parkway we take the concerns of nervous patients – and those who suffer from fear of the dentist –extremely seriously. A dental Implant may be a straightforward form of dental treatment, but the anxiety which it can provoke in many patients is very real. We offer nervous and phobic patients the option of Local Anaesthesia, Sedation dentistry or General Anaesthetic for all dental procedures, depending on suitability. It is all part of the gentle, considerate approach which The Parkway is known for.
What’s the Cost?
- Consultation – £130 (Including OPT)
- Treatment starting from – £2,200
Who will treat me?
& Dental Surgeon